Group Assignment Part 2
- Thinking only about mechanical services, what are the requirements for spatial provisions in a typical multi-storey building in relation to:
- main risers (duct and pipe risers, electrical risers for mechanical services, control wiring);
- ceiling spaces;
- in false floor areas?
- List specialist mechanical services that are implemented in some buildings as a result of tenants’ requirements.
- Considering various stages of project development (concept, design development, final design, construction, testing and commissioning, maintenance during normal operation), list criteria for establishing spatial provision requirements.
- Who needs to be involved in the planning for successful coordination of mechanical services over the life of a building?
- How do you think authority requirements will affect the design of mechanical services?
- What impact would the events of 9/11 in your opinion have on building design, construction and operation issues? Consider services and structural design perspectives.
- Why is it a necessity to ensure successful design and construction coordination?
- What are the main coordination requirements between mechanical services and:
- electrical services;
- fire protection and fire safety services;
- communication and security services;
- hydraulic services;
- transportation services?
- What are the main coordination requirements between mechanical services and structural design?
- What aspects of mechanical services design require coordination with the architect?
- Provide a detailed check list for mechanical services specific to buildings incorporating ESD principles (in addition to those needed in ‘traditional’ buildings).
- List elements needed to develop a successful coordination and integration strategy for a building. Consider both design and construction stages.
- Find 10 good internet resources that discuss mechanical services integration. Provide an annotated bibliography (two to three paragraphs per website, indicating
IMPORTANT!!!! MESSAGE US IF YOU NEED THE SOLUTION TO THIS QUESTIONS!!!